Women’s Fly Fishing Retreat August 2019
Women’s Fly Fishing Retreat
- Fly fishing lessons
- Fly fishing local waters
WHEN: August 8-11, 2019
(Arrive late afternoon of August 8th and depart morning/afternoon of August 11th)
WHERE: SIDNEY, OH**
COST: $600 PER PERSON
This all-inclusive retreat includes:
- 3 night stay (lodging is free)
- 2-1/2 days of class room instruction and time on the water
- Group kayaking trip
- Fresh + healthy meals, snacks & drinks
- Cozy campfires
- And some more fun surprises!
PM: Classroom session: Introductions; Water Safety, Entomology for Catching Fish, Knots, Basic Bugs
AM: Casting 101 and fish handling
AM & PM: On-the-water session
AM & PM: On the water!
AM: Casting games
Your host: Stacie Kenton is an avid outdoorswoman, adventure seeker and dog mom. She is passionate about sharing her love for the outdoors with other women and creating spaces for those who are looking to explore the outdoors, connect with like-minded women, take time for themselves and step out of their comfort zone.
Your instructor: Laurel Monaghan is an avid angler, hunter and travel connoisseur. Laurel’s passion lies in supporting others in their experiences in the outdoors and helping them gain the confidence to get on the water and in the field. Learn more about Laurel here.
This workshop is for you if you’re:
- Looking to challenge yourself by learning a new outdoor skill
- Looking to step outside of your comfort zone in a comfortable setting
- Looking to brush up on your fly-fishing basics
- Craving a weekend that will be good for the body, mind and soul spent with like-minded women who will most likely become life-long friends
Questions? Email me at email@example.com
We have an amazing workshop planned and space is limited. Hope to see you there!
MY A’S TO YOUR Q’S
- When will I arrive and depart? You’ll want to arrive on the afternoon of Thursday, August 8th. You’ll depart Sunday, August 11th in the morning or early afternoon.
- Do I have to be an experienced angler? Absolutely not. The point of this workshop is to teach the basics of fly-fishing and give you a solid foundation to build on.
- Do I need to bring my own waders and boots? Yes, bringing your own waders will be required if you plan to wade the river. A pair of rubber boots or waterproof boots is also recommended.
- Do I need to bring my own rod and gear? No. If you have your own gear, please bring it! It will be helpful to practice with your own gear. If not, we’ll provide everything you need.
- What kind of clothes will I need to bring? Average temps in August are usually mid-80s for the highs and mid-60s for the lows. You’ll definitely want waders and a pair of rubber/waterproof boots for the on-the-water sessions. For the rest of your time here, go for comfort. We’ll be spending a lot of time outdoors during the day and sitting around a cozy campfire in the evenings, so whatever you’re most comfortable in.
- Do I need to purchase a fishing license? Yes. You’ll need an Ohio fishing license (Three-day non-resident license ($19) is fine if you don’t live in Ohio). This can be purchased online or once you arrive.
- Am I guaranteed to catch fish? No, we’ll be fishing waters where our native trout population resides but a catch is not guaranteed.
Other questions? I’m happy to hop on the phone or chat via email or text and answer any other questions you might have. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
**If flying, Dayton or Columbus are our nearest airports.
***We are happy to accommodate any food allergies and requests.