Fly Fishing 101 Workshop
Fly Fishing Adventure Getaway for women who love the outdoors
- Fly fishing lessons
- Fly fishing local waters
- Fish cleaning/cooking lesson
WHEN: MAY 4 – 5, 2018
(Arrive evening of May 3rd and depart morning of May 6th)
WHERE: SIDNEY, OH**
This all-inclusive retreat includes:
- 3 nights lodging
- 2 days of class room instruction and time on the water
- Fish Cleaning and Cooking Tips
- Fresh + healthy meals & snacks
- Cozy campfires and S’mores Bar
- And some more fun surprises!
AM: Classroom session: Introductions; Water Safety, Entomology for Catching Fish, Knots, Basic Bugs
PM: On-the-water session, Casting 101
AM: Casting and fish handling
MY A’S TO YOUR Q’S
- When will I arrive and depart? You’ll want to arrive on Thursday, May 3rd late afternoon or evening. You’ll depart Sunday, May 6th in the morning or early afternoon.
- Do I have to be an experienced angler? Absolutely not. The point of this workshop is to teach the basics of fly-fishing and give you a solid foundation to build on.
- Do I need to bring my own rod and gear? Nope. We will provide everything you need.
- What kind of clothes will I need to bring? Spring weather in Ohio can be unpredictable. I suggest light layers because it’s usually chilly at sunrise then warms up later in the morning and afternoon. If you have waders, bring them. You’ll definitely want a pair of rubber boots. For the rest of your time here, go for comfort. We’ll be sitting around a cozy campfire in the evenings, so whatever you’re most comfortable in.
- Do I need to purchase a fishing license? Yes. You’ll need an Ohio fishing license (Three-day non-resident license ($19) is fine if you don’t live in Ohio). This can be purchased online or once you arrive.
- Am I guaranteed to catch fish? No, we’ll be fishing waters where our native trout population resides but a catch is not guaranteed.
Other questions? I’m happy to hop on the phone or chat via email or text and answer any other questions you might have. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
**If flying, transportation to and from Dayton or Columbus airport provided.
***We are happy to accommodate any food allergies and requests.