Women’s Fly Fishing Retreat
Fly Fishing Adventure Getaway for women who love the outdoors
- Fly fishing lessons
- Fly fishing local waters
- Fish cleaning/cooking lesson
WHEN: MAY 4 – 5, 2018
(Arrive evening of May 3rd and depart morning of May 6th)
WHERE: SIDNEY, OH**
This all-inclusive retreat includes:
- 3 nights lodging (bunk-style sleeping quarters)
- 2 days of class room instruction and time on the water
- Fish Cleaning and Cooking Tips
- Fresh + healthy meals & snacks
- Cozy campfires and S’mores Bar
- And some more fun surprises!
AM: Classroom session: Introductions; Water Safety, Entomology for Catching Fish, Knots, Basic Bugs
PM: On-the-water session, Casting 101
AM: Casting and fish handling
Stacie Kenton is an avid outdoorswoman, adventure seeker and dog mama. She is passionate about sharing her love for the outdoors with other women and creating spaces for those who are looking to explore the outdoors, connect with like-minded women, take time for themselves and step out of their comfort zone.
Laurel Monaghan is an avid angler, hunter and travel connoisseur. Laurel’s passion lies in supporting others in their experiences in the outdoors and helping them gain the confidence to get on the water and in the field. Learn more about Laurel here.
This workshop is for you if….
- You’re looking to challenge yourself by learning a new outdoor skill
- You’re looking to step outside of your comfort zone in a comfortable setting
- You’re looking to brush up on your fly-fishing basics
- You’re craving a weekend that will be good for the body, mind and soul spent with like-minded women who will most likely become life-long friends
Questions? Email me at email@example.com
We have an amazing workshop planned and space is limited. Hope to see you there!
MY A’S TO YOUR Q’S
- When will I arrive and depart? You’ll want to arrive on Thursday, May 3rd late afternoon or evening. You’ll depart Sunday, May 6th in the morning or early afternoon.
- Do I have to be an experienced angler? Absolutely not. The point of this workshop is to teach the basics of fly-fishing and give you a solid foundation to build on.
- Do I need to bring my own rod and gear? Nope. We will provide everything you need.
- What kind of clothes will I need to bring? Spring weather in Ohio can be unpredictable. I suggest light layers because it’s usually chilly in the morning and then warms up later in the day. If you have waders, bring them. You’ll definitely want a pair of rubber boots for the on-the-water sessions. For the rest of your time here, go for comfort. We’ll be sitting around a cozy campfire in the evenings, so whatever you’re most comfortable in.
- Do I need to purchase a fishing license? Yes. You’ll need an Ohio fishing license (Three-day non-resident license ($19) is fine if you don’t live in Ohio). This can be purchased online or once you arrive.
- Am I guaranteed to catch fish? No, we’ll be fishing waters where our native trout population resides but a catch is not guaranteed.
Other questions? I’m happy to hop on the phone or chat via email or text and answer any other questions you might have. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
**If flying, transportation to and from Dayton or Columbus airport provided.
***We are happy to accommodate any food allergies and requests.